- What other names is Policosanol known by?
- What is Policosanol?
- How does Policosanol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Policosanol.
Policosanol is used for many conditions, but, so far, there isn't enough scientific evidence to determine whether or not it is effective for any of them.
Policosanol is used for conditions that affect the health of the heart and blood vessels including high cholesterol, leg pain due to poor circulation (intermittent claudication), and narrowing of the blood vessels that serve the heart.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- High cholesterol, inherited high cholesterol (familial hypercholesterolemia), intermittent claudication, increasing blood flow to the heart in people with coronary heart disease, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.