In this Article
- What other names is Pomegranate known by?
- What is Pomegranate?
- How does Pomegranate work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Pomegranate.
When applied to the skin, some people have experience sensitivity to pomegranate including itching, swelling, runny nose, and difficulty breathing.
Pomegranate juice seems to be safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women. But it is not known if other forms of pomegranate, such as pomegranate extract, are safe.
Do not take pomegranate if:
- You have allergies to plants. People with plant allergies seem to be more likely to have an allergic reaction to pomegranate.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.