Prader-Willi Syndrome (cont.)
In this Article
- What is Prader-Willi syndrome?
- What are the signs, symptoms, and physical features of Prader-Willi syndrome?
- How common is, and what causes Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Can Prader-Willi syndrome be inherited?
- Where can I find information about treatment for Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Where can I find additional information about Prader-Willi syndrome?
- What other names do people use for Prader-Willi syndrome?
- What if I still have specific questions about Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Where can I find general information about genetic conditions?
What if I still have specific questions about Prader-Willi syndrome?
- See How can I find a genetics professional in my area? in the Handbook.
Where can I find general information about genetic conditions?
The Handbook provides basic information about genetics in clear language.
- What does it mean if a disorder seems to run in my family?
- What is a chromosome?
- Can changes in the number of chromosomes affect health and development?
- Are chromosomal disorders inherited?
- What are genomic imprinting and uniparental disomy?
These links provide additional genetics resources that may be useful.
Medically reviewed by Edward Spence, MD; American Board of Pediatrics and American Board of Medical Genetics with subspecialties in Clinical Genetics, Clinical Biochemical Genetics, Clinical Molecular Genetics
SOURCE: National Library of Medicine, Genetics Home Reference. Prader-Willi Syndrome.
Last updated: 9/19/2007
Viewers share their comments
- Submit »
- Submit »
Find out what women really need.