Pregnancy (What To Buy For Baby) (cont.)
In this Article
- What baby gear do you need for your newborn?
- The nursery
- Crib linens
- Diaper time: what you need for the changing table
- Layette: baby's first clothes
- Bathing baby: what you need
- Washing baby's laundry
- Feeding baby
- The diaper bag
- Other baby essentials
- The baby medicine cabinet
- Baby gear nonessentials (but nice to have)
Baby Gear: Nonessentials (But Nice to Have)
- Baby monitor
- Baby book: Essential if you want to record your baby's firsts.
- Infant seat: A "bouncy" seat is great! It gives you a safe place to put baby while you do things for yourself.
- High chair: You will use it when baby is 4 to 6 months old
- Baby sling or pouch: These come in handy when you need to have your hands free to get things done around the house, but still carry your baby.
WebMD Medical Reference
National Safety Council. Sutter Health. The Mayo Clinic. The University of Michigan Health System.
Reviewed by Roy Benaroch, MD on February 24, 2011
Last Editorial Review: 2/24/2011
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.