"NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The combination of conjugated estrogens with bazedoxifene (CE/BZA) significantly improves bone mineral density (BMD) and bone turnover, according to pooled results from the SMART-1 and SMART-5 trials.
PREMARIN therapy should not be used in individuals with any of the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected, or history of breast cancer except in appropriately selected patients being treated for metastatic disease.
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia.
- Active DVT, PE, or a history of these conditions.
- Active arterial thromboembolic disease (for example, stroke and MI), or a history of these conditions.
- Known anaphylactic reaction or angioedema to PREMARIN tablets.
- Known liver dysfunction or disease.
- Known protein C, protein S, or antithrombin deficiency or other known thrombophilic disorders.
- Known or suspected pregnancy.
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/11/2011
Additional Premarin Information
Premarin - User Reviews
Premarin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.