"March 14, 2013 -- Hormone replacement therapy is the most effective treatment for symptoms like hot flashes, and the benefits are likely to outweigh the risks, major medical societies say.
The statement was published in the April issue "...
PREMARIN therapy should not be used in individuals with any of the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected, or history of breast cancer except in appropriately selected patients being treated for metastatic disease.
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia.
- Active DVT, PE, or a history of these conditions.
- Active arterial thromboembolic disease (for example, stroke and MI), or a history of these conditions.
- Known anaphylactic reaction or angioedema to PREMARIN tablets.
- Known liver dysfunction or disease.
- Known protein C, protein S, or antithrombin deficiency or other known thrombophilic disorders.
- Known or suspected pregnancy.
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/11/2011
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Premarin Information
Premarin - User Reviews
Premarin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.