"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Brisdelle (paroxetine)to treat moderate to severe hot flashes (vasomotor symptoms) associated with menopause. Brisdelle, which contains the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor paroxetine mes"...
PREMARIN therapy should not be used in individuals with any of the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected, or history of breast cancer except in appropriately selected patients being treated for metastatic disease.
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia.
- Active DVT, PE, or a history of these conditions.
- Active arterial thromboembolic disease (for example, stroke and MI), or a history of these conditions.
- Known anaphylactic reaction or angioedema to PREMARIN tablets.
- Known liver dysfunction or disease.
- Known protein C, protein S, or antithrombin deficiency or other known thrombophilic disorders.
- Known or suspected pregnancy.
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/11/2011
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Premarin Information
Premarin - User Reviews
Premarin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.