Premarin Intravenous therapy should not be used in individuals with any of the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected, or history of breast cancer.
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia.
- Active DVT, PE or a history of these conditions.
- Active arterial thromboembolic disease (for example, stroke and MI), or a history of these conditions.
- Known anaphylactic reaction and angioedema to Premarin Intravenous therapy.
- Known liver dysfunction or disease.
- Known protein C, protein S, or antithrombin deficiency, or other known thrombophilic disorders.
- Known or suspected pregnancy.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/2/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Premarin Injection Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.