"April 5, 2011 â€“ For women with a prior hysterectomy, estrogen-only hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is less risky for women in their 50s than was thought -- and may protect against breast cancer.
For women in their 70s, however, estr"...
Premarin Intravenous therapy should not be used in individuals with any of the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected, or history of breast cancer.
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia.
- Active DVT, PE or a history of these conditions.
- Active arterial thromboembolic disease (for example, stroke and MI), or a history of these conditions.
- Known anaphylactic reaction and angioedema to Premarin Intravenous therapy.
- Known liver dysfunction or disease.
- Known protein C, protein S, or antithrombin deficiency, or other known thrombophilic disorders.
- Known or suspected pregnancy.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/2/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Premarin Injection Information
- Premarin Injection Drug Interactions Center: conjugated estrogens inj
- Premarin Injection Side Effects Center
- Premarin Injection FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.