"Troy Brown, RN
Medscape Medical News
Clostridium difficile caused nearly half a million infections and was associated with about 29,000 deaths in 2011, according to new data released today by the Centers for Disease Control "...
The patient who has taken an overdose should be monitored carefully, and treated symptomatically for complications.
PREPOPIK is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Patients with severely reduced renal function (creatinine clearance less than 30 mL/minute ) which may result in accumulation of magnesium [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Gastrointestinal obstruction or ileus [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Bowel perforation
- Toxic colitis or toxic megacolon
- Gastric retention
- An allergy to any of the ingredients in PREPOPIK
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/27/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Prepopik Information
- Prepopik Drug Interactions Center: sod picosulf-mag ox-citric ac oral
- Prepopik Side Effects Center
- Prepopik FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.