Medscape Medical News
Infection-prone duodenoscopes will remain on the market despite a rash of related multidrug-resistant infections because their benefits still outweigh the low risk for transmitted infecti"...
The patient who has taken an overdose should be monitored carefully, and treated symptomatically for complications.
PREPOPIK is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Patients with severely reduced renal function (creatinine clearance less than 30 mL/minute ) which may result in accumulation of magnesium [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Gastrointestinal obstruction or ileus [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Bowel perforation
- Toxic colitis or toxic megacolon
- Gastric retention
- An allergy to any of the ingredients in PREPOPIK
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/27/2012
Additional Prepopik Information
- Prepopik Drug Interactions Center: sod picosulf-mag ox-citric ac oral
- Prepopik Side Effects Center
- Prepopik FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.