Prickly Pear Cactus
- What other names is Prickly Pear Cactus known by?
- What is Prickly Pear Cactus?
- How does Prickly Pear Cactus work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Prickly Pear Cactus.
Possibly Effective for...
- Diabetes. Some forms of prickly pear cactus seem to lower blood sugar levels in people who have type 2 diabetes.
- Hangover. Taking prickly pear cactus before drinking alcohol might reduce some symptoms of hangover the next day.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- High blood cholesterol, obesity, colitis, diarrhea, enlarged prostate, and treating infections caused by viruses.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find tips and advances in treatment.