"In an article published in the journal Archives of Disease in Childhood, two respiratory specialists claim that doctors are overdiagnosing asthma in children, with inhalers being prescribed needlessly.
According to Asthma UK, 1.1 mill"...
When using this product
- increased blood pressure or heart rate can occur, which could lead to more serious problems such as heart attack and stroke. Your risk may increase if you take more frequently or more than the recommended dose.
- nervousness, sleeplessness, rapid heart beat, tremor, and seizure may occur. If these symptoms persist or get worse, consult a doctor right away.
Read the Primatene Mist (epinephrine for inhalation) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking prescription drugs for asthma, obesity, weight control, depression, or psychiatric or emotional conditions
- taking any drug that contains phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, or caffeine (such as for allergy, cough-cold, or pain)
Read the Primatene Mist Drug Interactions Center for a complete guide to possible interactions
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/6/2008
Additional Primatene Mist Information
- Primatene Mist Drug Interactions Center: epinephrine inhl
- Primatene Mist Side Effects Center
- Primatene Mist Overview including Precautions
- Primatene Mist FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Primatene Mist - User Reviews
Primatene Mist User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.