"Dec. 5, 2014 -- Children with asthma might one day benefit from a simple urine test that could ensure they receive the right dose of medication to help them better manage their condition.
An Anglo-Polish research team found that a urine tes"...
Asthma alert: Because asthma can be life threatening, see a doctor if you
- are not better in 20 minutes
- get worse
- need 12 inhalations in any day
- use more than 9 inhalations a day for more than 3 days a week
- have more than 2 asthma attacks in a week
For Inhalation only
Do not use
- unless a doctor said you have asthma
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs taken for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- ever been hospitalized for asthma heart disease
- high blood pressure diabetes thyroid disease seizures
- narrow angle glaucoma a psychiatric or emotional condition
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking prescription drugs for asthma, obesity, weight control, depression, or psychiatric or emotional conditions
- taking any drug that contains phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, or caffeine (such as for allergy, cough-cold, or pain)
When using this product
- increased blood pressure or heart rate can occur, which could lead to more serious problems such as heart attack and stroke. Your risk may increase if you take more frequently or more than the recommended dose.
- nervousness, sleeplessness, rapid heart beat, tremor, and seizure may occur. If these symptoms persist or get worse, consult a doctor right away.
- avoid caffeine-containing foods or beverages.
- avoid dietary supplements containing ingredients reported or claimed to have a stimulant effect.
- do not puncture or throw into incinerator. Contents under pressure.
- do not use or store near open flame or heat above 120°F (49°C). May cause bursting.
Contains CFC 12, 114, substances which harm public health and environment by destroying ozone in the upper atmosphere.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/6/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Primatene Mist Information
- Primatene Mist Drug Interactions Center: epinephrine inhl
- Primatene Mist Side Effects Center
- Primatene Mist Overview including Precautions
- Primatene Mist FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Primatene Mist - User Reviews
Primatene Mist User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.