"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved a new use for Avastin (bevacizumab) to treat patients with persistent, recurrent or late-stage (metastatic) cervical cancer.
Cervical cancer grows in the tissues of the lower part of the "...
Primaxin IM Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin IM)?
- What are the possible side effects of imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin IM)?
- What is the most important information I should know about imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin IM)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before use imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin IM)?
- How should I use imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin IM)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Primaxin IM)?
- What happens if I overdose (Primaxin IM)?
- What should I avoid while using imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin IM)?
- What other drugs will affect imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin IM)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Primaxin IM)?
If imipenem and cilastatin is given in a hospital setting, it is not likely that you will miss a dose. If you are using the medication at home and you miss a dose, give the injection as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Primaxin IM)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
Overdose symptoms may include weakness, drooping eyelid, tremors, trouble breathing, or seizure (black-out or convulsions).
What should I avoid while using imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin IM)?
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
What other drugs will affect imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin IM)?
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- valproic acid (Depakene, Stavzor);
- ganciclovir (Cytovene);
- probenecid (Benemid);
- a penicillin antibiotic such as amoxicillin (Amoxil, Augmentin), ampicillin (Omnipen, Principen), dicloxacillin (Dycill, Dynapen), oxacillin (Bactocill), or penicillin (Beepen-VK, Ledercillin VK, Pen-V, Pen-Vee K, Pfizerpen, V-Cillin K, Veetids, and others); or
- a cephalosporin antibiotic such as cefaclor (Ceclor), cefuroxime (Ceftin), cefadroxil (Duricef), cephalexin (Keflex), and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with imipenem and cilastatin. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your doctor or pharmacist can provide more information about imipenem and cilastatin.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 2.02. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Primaxin IM Information
- Primaxin IM Drug Interactions Center: imipenem-cilastatin im
- Primaxin IM Side Effects Center
- Primaxin IM Overview including Precautions
- Primaxin IM FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Primaxin IM - User Reviews
Primaxin IM User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.