"Spring break is on the way, or maybe summer vacation. Time to pack your swim suit, hit the beach, and perhaps indulge in a little harmless fun. What about getting a temporary tattoo to mark the occasion? Who could it hurt to get a temporary tatto"...
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USING
PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR
(hydrocortisone acetate 1% and pramoxine hydrochloride 1%)
Keep this insert. It contains important information about the use of procotofoam® HC.
- Place cap on top of container. Shake foam container vigorously for 5-10 seconds before each use. Do not remove container cap during use of the product.
- Hold container upright on a level surface and gently place the tip of the applicator onto the nose of the container cap. CONTAINER MUST BE HELD UPRIGHT TO OBTAIN PROPER FLOW OF MEDICATION.
- Pull plunger past the fill line on the applicator barrel.
- Hold the container and applicator at eye level. Place the index and middle fingers on the container cap flanges and the thumb beneath the container. Support the applicator with your other hand. Prime the container by pressing down firmly on flanges and then release. With initial priming, a burst of air may come out of the container. It usually requires 1-2 pumps for foam to appear.
- To fill applicator barrel, press down firmly on cap flanges, hold for 1-2 seconds, and release. Wait 5-10 seconds to allow foam to expand in applicator barrel. Repeat until foam reaches fill line. It usually requires 3-4 pumps for foam to reach fill line. Remove applicator from container cap. Note: if foam goes beyond fill line, it will continue to expand and flow backwards resulting in foam build-up under cap.
- Hold applicator firmly by barrel, making sure thumb and middle finger are positioned securely underneath and resting against barrel wings. Place index finger over the plunger. Gently insert tip into anus. Once in place, push plunger to expel foam, then withdraw applicator. CAUTION: Do not insert any part of the aerosol container directly into the anus. Apply to anus only with enclosed applicator. Do not insert any part of applicator past the anus into rectum.
- After each use, applicator parts should be pulled apart for thorough cleaning with warm water. Since some foam will appear under the cap, the cap and underlying tip should be pulled apart and rinsed to help prevent build-up of foam and possible blockage.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/5/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Proctofoam HC Information
Proctofoam HC - User Reviews
Proctofoam HC User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.