"U.S. cancer survivors face significant economic burdens due to growing medical costs, missed work, and reduced productivity, according to a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in today’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly"...
During treatment with PROGLYCEM® (diazoxide capsules) the patient should be advised to consult regularly with the physician and to cooperate in the periodic monitoring of his condition by laboratory tests. In addition, the patient should be advised: to take the drug on a regular schedule as prescribed, not to skip doses, not to take extra doses;
- not to use this drug with other medications unless this is done with the physician's advice;
- not to allow anyone else to take this medication;
- to follow dietary instructions;
- to report promptly any adverse effects (i.e., increased urinary frequency, increased thirst, fruity breath odor);
- to report pregnancy or to discuss plans for pregnancy.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/13/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Proglycem Information
Proglycem - User Reviews
Proglycem User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.