- What other names is Propionyl-l-carnitine known by?
- What is Propionyl-l-carnitine?
- How does Propionyl-l-carnitine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Propionyl-l-carnitine.
Possibly Effective for...
- Poor circulation that causes leg pain while walking (intermittent claudication).
- Chest pain (angina).
- Congestive heart failure.
- A type of heart disease called chronic ischemic heart disease.
- Treating symptoms of age-related testosterone deficiency ("male menopause").
- Erection problems in men with diabetes.
- Peyronie's disease (an increase in fibrous tissue in the penis).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), circulatory problems caused by diabetes, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.