In this Article
- What other names is Propolis known by?
- What is Propolis?
- How does Propolis work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Propolis.
Do not take propolis if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are allergic to bees or bee products, poplar or cone-bearing trees, Peru balsam, or aspirin.
- You have asthma.
APPLIED TO THE SKIN:
- For cold sores: A 3% propolis ointment (Herstat or ColdSore-FX) applied 5 times daily.
- For herpes outbreak: A 3% propolis ointment (Herstat or ColdSore-FX) applied to the blisters 4 times daily.
- As a mouth rinse after mouth surgery: A solution containing propolis, water, and alcohol.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.