In this Article
- What other names is Propolis known by?
- What is Propolis?
- How does Propolis work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Propolis.
Do not take propolis if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are allergic to bees or bee products, poplar or cone-bearing trees, Peru balsam, or aspirin.
- You have asthma.
APPLIED TO THE SKIN:
- For cold sores: A 3% propolis ointment (Herstat or ColdSore-FX) applied 5 times daily.
- For herpes outbreak: A 3% propolis ointment (Herstat or ColdSore-FX) applied to the blisters 4 times daily.
- As a mouth rinse after mouth surgery: A solution containing propolis, water, and alcohol.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.