- What other names is Propolis known by?
- What is Propolis?
- How does Propolis work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Propolis.
Possibly Effective for...
- Improving healing and reducing pain and inflammation after mouth surgery.
- Genital herpes.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Tuberculosis, infections, nose and throat cancer, improving immune response, ulcers, stomach and intestinal disorders, common cold, wounds, inflammation, minor burns, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Propolis work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.