Prostin VR Pediatric
"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced the approval of Lumizyme (alglucosidase alfa) for treatment of patients with infantile-onset Pompe disease, including patients who are less than 8 years of age. In addition, the Risk Evaluatio"...
Prostin VR Pediatric
Prostin VR Pediatric®
(alprostadil) Injection, USP
500 micrograms per mL
Apnea is experienced by about 10 to 12% of neonates with congenital heart defects treated with PROSTIN VR PEDIATRIC (alprostadil) Sterile Solution. Apnea is most often seen in neonates weighing less than 2 kg at birth and usually appears during the first hour of drug infusion. Therefore, respiratory status should be monitored throughout treatment, and PROSTIN VR PEDIATRIC (alprostadil) should be used where ventilatory assistance is immediately available.
The chemical name for alprostadil is (11α, 13E, 15S)-11, 15 dihydroxy -9- oxoprost-13-en-1-oic acid, and the molecular weight is 354.49.
Alprostadil is a white to off-white crystalline powder with a melting point between 110° and 116° C. Its solubility at 35°C is 8000 micrograms per 100 ml double distilled water.
What are the possible side effects of alprostadil (Caverject, Caverject Impulse, Edex, Muse)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using alprostadil and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- trouble urinating, blood in your urine;
- bleeding, bruising, or swelling where you injected the medication;
- a painful erection that lasts 4 hours or longer;
- severe pain or irritation of your penis or urethra;...
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/8/2004
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Prostin VR Pediatric Information
- Prostin VR Pediatric Drug Interactions Center: alprostadil inj
- Prostin VR Pediatric Side Effects Center
- Prostin VR Pediatric in detail including Side Effects and Drug Images
- Prostin VR Pediatric FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.