Prostin VR Pediatric
"The National Institutes of Health has awarded four grants for up to four years to multidisciplinary research teams to explore the use of genome sequencing in medical care. The awards total approximately $6.7 million in the first year and, if fund"...
Prostin VR Pediatric
Prostin VR Pediatric®
(alprostadil) Injection, USP
500 micrograms per mL
Apnea is experienced by about 10 to 12% of neonates with congenital heart defects treated with PROSTIN VR PEDIATRIC (alprostadil) Sterile Solution. Apnea is most often seen in neonates weighing less than 2 kg at birth and usually appears during the first hour of drug infusion. Therefore, respiratory status should be monitored throughout treatment, and PROSTIN VR PEDIATRIC (alprostadil) should be used where ventilatory assistance is immediately available.
The chemical name for alprostadil is (11α, 13E, 15S)-11, 15 dihydroxy -9- oxoprost-13-en-1-oic acid, and the molecular weight is 354.49.
Alprostadil is a white to off-white crystalline powder with a melting point between 110° and 116° C. Its solubility at 35°C is 8000 micrograms per 100 ml double distilled water.
What are the possible side effects of alprostadil (Caverject, Caverject Impulse, Edex, Muse, Prostin VR Pediatric)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using alprostadil and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- bleeding from your urethra;
- bleeding, bruising, or swelling where you injected the medication;
- a painful erection that lasts 4 hours or longer;
- severe pain or irritation of your penis or urethra;...
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/8/2004
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Prostin VR Pediatric Information
- Prostin VR Pediatric Drug Interactions Center: alprostadil inj
- Prostin VR Pediatric Side Effects Center
- Prostin VR Pediatric in detail including Side Effects and Drug Images
- Prostin VR Pediatric FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.