Prostin VR Pediatric
"The National Institutes of Health has awarded four grants for up to four years to multidisciplinary research teams to explore the use of genome sequencing in medical care. The awards total approximately $6.7 million in the first year and, if fund"...
Prostin VR Pediatric
Prostin VR Pediatric Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is alprostadil (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
- What are the possible side effects of alprostadil (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
- What is the most important information I should know about alprostadil (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using alprostadil (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
- How should I use alprostadil (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
- What happens if I overdose (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
- What should I avoid while using alprostadil (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
- What other drugs will affect alprostadil (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
Since alprostadil is used as needed, you will not be on a dosing schedule.
What happens if I overdose (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medication. Overdose symptoms may include feeling light-headed, fainting, or having a painful or prolonged erection lasting 4 hours or longer.
What should I avoid while using alprostadil (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
Alprostadil can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
What other drugs will affect alprostadil (Prostin VR Pediatric)?
Before using alprostadil, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- hydralazine (BiDil); or
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin), heparin, dalteparin (Fragmin), danaparoid (Orgaran), or enoxaparin (Lovenox).
This list is not complete and here may be other drugs that can interact with alprostadil. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about alprostadil.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 6.03. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Prostin VR Pediatric Information
- Prostin VR Pediatric Drug Interactions Center: alprostadil inj
- Prostin VR Pediatric Side Effects Center
- Prostin VR Pediatric FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.