"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday approved a request by Danco Laboratories to expand authorized use of its abortion pill Mifeprex (mifepristone), formerly known as RU-486, to 70 days of gestation from 49 days.
Overdosage of estrogen plus progestin therapy may cause nausea and vomiting, breast tenderness, dizziness, abdominal pain, drowsiness/fatigue and withdrawal bleeding may occur in women. Treatment of overdose consists of discontinuation of CE plus MPA together with institution of appropriate symptomatic care.
PROVERA is contraindicated in women with any of the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected, or history of breast cancer.
- Known or suspected estrogen-or progesterone-dependent neoplasia.
- Active DVT, PE, or a history of these conditions
- Active arterial thromboembolic disease (for example, stroke and MI), or a history of these conditions.
- Known anaphylactic reaction or angioedema to PROVERA.
- Known liver impairment or disease.
- Known or suspected pregnancy.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/26/2015
Additional Provera Information
Provera - User Reviews
Provera User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.