In this Article
- What other names is Pu-erh Tea known by?
- What is Pu-erh Tea?
- How does Pu-erh Tea work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Pu-erh Tea.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, pu-erh tea in small amounts is probably not harmful. However, do not drink more than three cups a day of pu-erh tea. Too much caffeine might cause premature delivery, low birth weight, and harm to the baby.
Caffeine is probably safe in children in amounts commonly found in foods.
Do not take pu-erh tea if:
- You have a heart condition.
- You have anxiety.
- You have an eye disease called glaucoma.
- You have osteoporosis.
- You have a bleeding condition.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.