- What other names is Pu-erh Tea known by?
- What is Pu-erh Tea?
- How does Pu-erh Tea work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Pu-erh Tea.
Pu-erh tea is used for improving mental alertness and sharp thinking. It is also used for reducing high cholesterol.
Possibly Effective for...
- Mental alertness. Pu-erh tea contains caffeine. The caffeine seems to prevent a decline in alertness and sharp thinking when consumed throughout the day.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- High cholesterol.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.