In this Article
- What other names is Pumpkin known by?
- What is Pumpkin?
- How does Pumpkin work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Pumpkin.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Pumpkin might have an effect like a water pill or "diuretic." Taking pumpkin might decrease how well the body gets rid of lithium. This could increase how much lithium is in the body and result in serious side effects. Talk with your healthcare provider before using this product if you are taking lithium. Your lithium dose might need to be changed.
- For benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH): 480 mg of pumpkin seed oil extract per day in 3 divided doses in combination with saw palmetto and other herbs.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.