- What other names is Pygeum known by?
- What is Pygeum?
- How does Pygeum work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Pygeum.
Likely Effective for...
- Low urine flow, nighttime urinating, and other symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Inflammation, kidney disease, malaria, stomachache, fever, madness, sexual dysfunction, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Pygeum work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.