In this Article
- What other names is Pyruvate known by?
- What is Pyruvate?
- How does Pyruvate work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Pyruvate.
Pyruvic acid facial peels seem to be safe when applied by a health professional. It can cause severe skin burning and should be applied only to small patches of skin at a time.
Do not use pyruvate if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a heart condition called cardiomyopathy.
APPLIED TO THE SKIN:
- For aging skin: A 50% pyruvic acid peel applied once weekly for 4 weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.