- What other names is Pyruvate known by?
- What is Pyruvate?
- How does Pyruvate work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Pyruvate.
Possibly Effective for...
- Aging skin. Pyruvic acid is sometimes applied to the skin as a facial peel.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Weight loss and obesity, improving athletic performance, cataracts, and cancer.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Pyruvate work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.