May 28, 2016
font size

Radiation Therapy for Breast Cancer (cont.)

Who Can I Contact If I Have Personal Concerns About My Treatment?

Generally, a social worker will be available to help you during your course of treatment.

The social worker can discuss any emotional issues or other concerns about your treatment or your personal situation. The social worker can also discuss housing or transportation needs or appropriate resources if necessary.

People dealing with certain medical issues often find it helpful to share experiences with others in the same situation. Your physician can provide a list of support groups if you are interested. Your social worker can provide additional information about more support groups that may be of value to you.

What About Follow-Up Care?

After your radiation therapy sessions are complete, you will visit your doctor for periodic follow-up exams and diagnostic X-rays. Your doctor will tell you how often to schedule your follow-up appointments.

Reviewed by the doctors at The Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center.

Edited by Charlotte E. Grayson, MD, WebMD, February 2004.

Portions of this page © The Cleveland Clinic 2000-2004

Last Editorial Review: 1/31/2005

© 2005-2016 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.
Source article on WebMD


Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.

Use Pill Finder Find it Now See Interactions

Pill Identifier on RxList

  • quick, easy,
    pill identification

Find a Local Pharmacy

  • including 24 hour, pharmacies

Interaction Checker

  • Check potential drug interactions
Search the Medical Dictionary for Health Definitions & Medical Abbreviations