"Plants produce round pollen grains. Individual grains are too tiny to see with the naked eye, but some can form large, visible clusters. For fertilization to take place and seeds to form in some plants, pollen must be moved from the flower of one"...
(Short Ragweed Pollen Allergen Extract) Tablets
SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTIONS
- RAGWITEK can cause life-threatening allergic reactions such as anaphylaxis and severe laryngopharyngeal restriction. (See WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS).
- Do not administer RAGWITEK to patients with severe, unstable or uncontrolled asthma. (See CONTRAINDICATIONS)
- Observe patients in the office for at least 30 minutes following the initial dose. (See WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS).
- Prescribe auto-injectable epinephrine, instruct and train patients on its appropriate use, and instruct patients to seek immediate medical care upon its use. (See WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS).
- RAGWITEK may not be suitable for patients with certain underlying medical conditions that may reduce their ability to survive a serious allergic reaction. (See WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS).
- RAGWITEK may not be suitable for patients who may be unresponsive to epinephrine or inhaled bronchodilators, such as those taking beta-blockers. (See WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS).
RAGWITEK tablets contain pollen allergen extract from Short Ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia).
RAGWITEK is a sublingual orally disintegrating tablet that dissolves rapidly.
RAGWITEK is available as a tablet of 12 Amb a 1-U of short ragweed pollen allergen extract.
Inactive ingredients: gelatin NF (fish source), mannitol USP, and sodium hydroxide NF.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/2/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ragwitek Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.