"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Ragwitek, the first allergen extract administered under the tongue (sublingually) to treat short ragweed pollen induced allergic rhinitis (hay fever), with or without conjunctivitis (eye inflam"...
RAGWITEK is contraindicated in patients with:
- Severe, unstable or uncontrolled asthma
- A history of any severe systemic allergic reaction
- A history of any severe local reaction after taking any sublingual allergen immunotherapy
- A history of eosinophilic esophagitis
- Hypersensitivity to any of the inactive ingredients [gelatin, mannitol, and sodium hydroxide] contained in this product [see DESCRIPTION].
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/2/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ragwitek Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.