"A year's worth of testosterone treatment in older men may help improve sexual function, mood, depressive symptoms, and possibly walking distance, but it doesn't seem to improve vitality, suggests three coordinated trials encompassing 790 men aged"...
Rapaflo Capsules Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Rapaflo
Generic Name: silodosin (Pronunciation: SIL oh DOE sin)
- What is silodosin (Rapaflo Capsules)?
- What are the possible side effects of silodosin (Rapaflo Capsules)?
- What is the most important information I should know about silodosin (Rapaflo Capsules)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking silodosin (Rapaflo Capsules)?
- How should I take silodosin (Rapaflo Capsules)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Rapaflo Capsules)?
- What happens if I overdose (Rapaflo Capsules)?
- What should I avoid while taking silodosin (Rapaflo Capsules)?
- What other drugs will affect silodosin (Rapaflo Capsules)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is silodosin (Rapaflo Capsules)?
Silodosin is in a group of drugs called alpha-adrenergic (AL-fa ad-ren-ER-jik) blockers. Silodosin helps relax the muscles in the prostate and bladder neck, making it easier to urinate.
Silodosin is used to improve urination in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate).
Silodosin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Rapaflo 4 mg
capsule, white, imprinted with WATSON 151, 4 mg
Rapaflo 8 mg
capsule, white, imprinted with WATSON 152, 8 mg
What are the possible side effects of silodosin (Rapaflo Capsules)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using silodosin and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling like you might pass out; or
- penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild dizziness;
- abnormal ejaculation; or
- runny or stuffy nose, sore throat.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Rapaflo Capsules (silodosin capsules) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about silodosin (Rapaflo Capsules)?
You should not take silodosin if you have severe kidney or liver disease, or if you are also using ketoconazole (Extina, Ketozole, Nizoral, Xolegal), itraconazole (Sporanox), or ritonavir (Norvir).
Do not take silodosin with other similar medicines such as alfuzosin (Uroxatral), doxazosin (Cardura), prazosin (Minipress), tamsulosin (Flomax), or terazosin (Hytrin).
Silodosin may cause dizziness or fainting, especially when you first start taking it. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert. Avoid standing for long periods of time or becoming overheated during exercise and in hot weather. Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy.
Silodosin can affect your pupils during cataract surgery. Tell your eye surgeon ahead of time that you are using this medication. Do not stop using silodosin before surgery unless your surgeon tells you to.
There are many other drugs that can interact with silodosin. Tell your doctor about all medications you use.
Additional Rapaflo Capsules Information
- Rapaflo Capsules Drug Interactions Center: silodosin oral
- Rapaflo Capsules Side Effects Center
- Rapaflo Capsules FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.