"Patients with a past or current hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection can experience sometimes fatal HBV reactivation if they take any of nine direct-acting antivirals for hepatitis virus C (HCV) infection, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) a"...
Information for Vaccine Recipients and Parents/Guardians
- Inform the patient, parent or guardian of the potential benefits and risks associated with vaccination, as well as the importance of completing the immunization series.
- Question the vaccine recipient, parent or guardian about the occurrence of any symptoms and/or signs of adverse reaction after a previous dose of hepatitis B vaccine.
- Tell the patient, parent or guardian to report adverse events to the physician or clinic where the vaccine was administered.
- Prior to vaccination, give the patient, parent or guardian the Vaccine Information Statements which are required by the National Vaccine Injury Act of 1986. The materials are available free of charge at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website (www.cdc.gov/vaccines).
- Tell the patient, parent or guardian that the United States Department of Health and Human Services has established a Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) to accept all reports of suspected adverse events after the administration of any vaccine, including but not limited to the reporting of events by the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986. The VAERS toll-free number is 1-800-822-7967. Reporting forms may also be obtained at the VAERS website at (www.vaers.hhs.gov).
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/1/2015
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Recombivax Information
Recombivax - User Reviews
Recombivax User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.