- What other names is Red Sandalwood known by?
- What is Red Sandalwood?
- How does Red Sandalwood work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Red Sandalwood.
Red sandalwood is used for treating digestive tract problems, fluid retention, and coughs; and for "blood purification."
In manufacturing, red sandalwood is used as a flavoring in alcoholic beverages.
Don't confuse red sandalwood (Pterocarpus santalinus) with white sandalwood (Santalum album).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Digestive tract ailments.
- Fluid retention.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.