- What other names is Red Yeast known by?
- What is Red Yeast?
- How does Red Yeast work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Red Yeast.
Possibly Effective for...
- High cholesterol.
- High cholesterol and triglyceride levels caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease (AIDS).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Indigestion, diarrhea, improving blood circulation, spleen and stomach problems, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Red Yeast work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.