- What other names is Red Yeast known by?
- What is Red Yeast?
- How does Red Yeast work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Red Yeast.
Possibly Effective for...
- High cholesterol.
- High cholesterol and triglyceride levels caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease (AIDS).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Indigestion, diarrhea, improving blood circulation, spleen and stomach problems, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Red Yeast work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Tips to keep it under control.