"Sept. 30, 2011 (San Diego) -- A disturbing number of people with heart problems who shouldn't be prescribed standard migraine medications like Amerge, Axert, Frova, Imitrex, Maxalt, Relpax, Treximet, and Zomig are given the drugs anyway, research"...
The elimination half-life of eletriptan is about 4 hours [see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY], therefore monitoring of patients after overdose with eletriptan should continue for at least 20 hours or longer while symptoms or signs persist.
There is no specific antidote to eletriptan.
RELPAX is contraindicated in patients with:
- Ischemic coronary artery disease (CAD) (angina pectoris, history of myocardial infarction, or documented silent ischemia) or coronary artery vasospasm, including Prinzmetal's angina [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or arrhythmias associated with other cardiac accessory conduction pathway disorders [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- History of stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), or history or current evidence of hemiplegic or basilar migraine because these patients are at a higher risk of stroke [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Peripheral vascular disease [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Ischemic bowel disease [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Uncontrolled hypertension [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Recent use (i.e., within 24 hours) of another 5-hydroxytryptamine1 (5-HT1) agonist, ergotamine-containing medication, or ergot-type medication such as dihydroergotamine (DHE) or methysergide [see DRUG INTERACTIONS].
- Hypersensitivity to RELPAX (angioedema and anaphylaxis seen) [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Recent use (i.e., within at least 72 hours) of the following potent CYP3A4 inhibitors: ketoconazole, itraconazole, nefazodone, troleandomycin, clarithromycin, ritonavir, or nelfinavir [see DRUG INTERACTIONS and CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY].
Last reviewed on RxList: 10/21/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Relpax Information
Relpax - User Reviews
Relpax User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find the secrets to longer life.