"Dec. 14, 2012 -- Drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering blood pressure, according to a new study.
The study shows that within hours of drinking it, beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure (the top n"...
Remodulin Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is treprostinil injection (Remodulin)?
- What are the possible side effects of treprostinil injection (Remodulin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about treprostinil injection (Remodulin)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using treprostinil injection (Remodulin)?
- How is treprostinil injection given (Remodulin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Remodulin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Remodulin)?
- What should I avoid while using treprostinil injection (Remodulin)?
- What other drugs will affect treprostinil injection (Remodulin)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Remodulin)?
Call your doctor for instructions if you miss a dose of treprostinil.
What happens if I overdose (Remodulin)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
Overdose symptoms may include warmth and redness or tingling under your skin, headache, feeling light-headed, fainting, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or seizure (convulsions).
What should I avoid while using treprostinil injection (Remodulin)?
Do not stop using treprostinil without first talking to your doctor. You may need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely.
What other drugs will affect treprostinil injection (Remodulin)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- gemfibrozil (Lopid);
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin);
- blood pressure medication such as a diuretic (water pill); or
- medication used to prevent blood clots, such as alteplase (Activase), cilostazol (Pletal), clopidogrel (Plavix), dipyridamole (Persantine), ticlopidine (Ticlid), and urokinase (Abbokinase).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with treprostinil. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your doctor or pharmacist can provide more information about treprostinil injection.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 2.03. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Remodulin Information
- Remodulin Drug Interactions Center: treprostinil sodium inj
- Remodulin Side Effects Center
- Remodulin Overview including Precautions
- Remodulin FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Remodulin - User Reviews
Remodulin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.