"The HHS Office on Women's Health (OWH) today launched its new heart attack awareness campaign targeting Spanish-speaking women age 50 and over. The “Haga La Llamada, ¡No Pierda Tiempo!” campaign builds on OWH's successful “Make the Call, Don't Mi"...
There has been no experience of overdosage in human clinical trials.
Because Abciximab may increase the risk of bleeding, Abciximab is contraindicated in the following clinical situations:
- Active internal bleeding
- Recent (within six weeks) gastrointestinal (GI) or genitourinary (GU) bleeding of clinical significance.
- History of cerebrovascular accident (CVA) within two years, or CVA with a significant residual neurological deficit
- Bleeding diathesis
- Administration of oral anticoagulants within seven days unless prothrombin time is ≤ 1.2 times control
- Thrombocytopenia ( < 100,000 cells/µL)
- Recent (within six weeks) major surgery or trauma
- Intracranial neoplasm, arteriovenous malformation, or aneurysm
- Severe uncontrolled hypertension
- Presumed or documented history of vasculitis
- Use of intravenous dextran before PCI, or intent to use it during an intervention Abciximab is also contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to any component of this product or to murine proteins.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/20/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional ReoPro Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.