"WASHINGTON, DC â€” The Micra Transcatheter Pacing System by Medtronic has become the first leadless pacemaker system to be approved in the United States. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced the approval almost 2 months afte"...
Because Abciximab may increase the risk of bleeding, Abciximab is contraindicated in the following clinical situations:
- Active internal bleeding
- Recent (within six weeks) gastrointestinal (GI) or genitourinary (GU) bleeding of clinical significance.
- History of cerebrovascular accident (CVA) within two years, or CVA with a significant residual neurological deficit
- Bleeding diathesis
- Administration of oral anticoagulants within seven days unless prothrombin time is ≤ 1.2 times control
- Thrombocytopenia ( < 100,000 cells/μL)
- Recent (within six weeks) major surgery or trauma
- Intracranial neoplasm, arteriovenous malformation, or aneurysm
- Severe uncontrolled hypertension
- Presumed or documented history of vasculitis
- Use of intravenous dextran before PCI, or intent to use it during an intervention
Abciximab is also contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to any component of this product or to murine proteins.This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/9/2014
Additional ReoPro Information
- ReoPro Drug Interactions Center: abciximab iv
- ReoPro Side Effects Center
- ReoPro FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.