"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved the VenaSeal closure system (VenaSeal system) to permanently treat varicose veins of the legs by sealing the affected superficial veins using an adhesive agent.
There are two types of vei"...
- Restylane-L is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
- Restylane-L contains trace amounts of gram positive bacterial proteins, and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material.
- Restylane-L is contraindicated for patients with bleeding disorders.
- Restylane-L is contraindicated for implantation in anatomical spaces other than the dermis or submucosal implantation for lip augmentation.
- Restylane-L should not be used in patients with previous hypersensitivity to local anesthetics of the amide type, such as lidocaine.
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/8/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Restylane-L Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.