"Americans were shocked and saddened to learn that one of our greatest actors, Philip Seymour Hoffman, had died at age 46 of an apparent heroin overdose. Hoffman's death, in the prime of his life and career, is a poignant reminder of some of the h"...
Revia Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: ReVia
Generic Name: naltrexone (oral) (Pronunciation: nal TREX own)
- What is naltrexone oral (Revia)?
- What are the possible side effects of naltrexone oral (Revia)?
- What is the most important information I should know about naltrexone oral (Revia)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before using naltrexone oral (Revia)?
- How should I use naltrexone oral (Revia)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Revia)?
- What happens if I overdose (Revia)?
- What should I avoid while using naltrexone oral (Revia)?
- What other drugs will affect naltrexone oral (Revia)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is naltrexone oral (Revia)?
Naltrexone oral is an special narcotic drug that blocks the effects of other narcotic medicines and alcohol.
Naltrexone oral is used to treat narcotic drug or alcohol addiction..
Naltrexone oral may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Naltrexone 50 mg-ACT
oblong, yellow, imprinted with A1 O5
Naltrexone 50 mg-BAR
round, beige, imprinted with b, 50 902
Naltrexone 50 mg-EON
oblong, white, imprinted with E39
Naltrexone 50 mg-MAL
oblong, yellow, imprinted with 1170, 50
Revia 50 mg
oblong, yellow, imprinted with R11, 5 0
What are the possible side effects of naltrexone oral (Revia)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using naltrexone oral and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- blurred vision or eye problems;
- fast heartbeat;
- mood changes, hallucinations (seeing or hearing things), confusion, thoughts of hurting yourself;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- ear pain, ringing in your ears;
- skin rash or itching; or
- wheezing, difficulty breathing.
Less serious side effects may include:
- feeling anxious, nervous, restless, or irritable;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- increased thirst;
- muscle or joint aches;
- weakness or tiredness;
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Revia (naltrexone) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about naltrexone oral (Revia)?
Your doctor may recommend that naltrexone oral be given to you by a family member or other caregiver. This is to make sure you are using the medicine as it was prescribed as part of your treatment.
Do not use narcotic drugs or alcohol while taking naltrexone oral. Never try to overcome the effects of the medication by taking large doses of narcotic drugs or alcohol. Doing so could result in dangerous effects, including coma and death. Ask your doctor before using any prescription or over-the-counter medicine to treat a cold, cough, diarrhea, or pain while taking naltrexone oral. These medicines may contain narcotics or alcohol.
Naltrexone oral can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Carry an ID card or wear a medical alert bracelet stating that you are using naltrexone, in case of emergency. Any doctor, dentist, or emergency medical care provider who treats you should know that you are using this medication.
Additional forms of counseling and/or monitoring may be recommended during treatment with naltrexone oral.
Additional Revia Information
- Revia Drug Interactions Center: naltrexone oral
- Revia Side Effects Center
- Revia Overview including Precautions
- Revia FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Revia - User Reviews
Revia User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.