Recommended Topic Related To:


"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced today that injectable drugs used in total parenteral nutrition (TPN) in critical shortage will be imported into the United States and available to patients this week.

TPN is an intravenous"...


Discontinued Warning IconPlease Note: This Brand Name drug is no longer available in the US.
(Generic versions may still be available.)

Rezulin Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose

What happens if I miss a dose (Rezulin)?

If you forget to take troglitazone at the usual meal, take it at the next meal that same day. If you completely forget to take it one day, skip the missed dose.Never take more than the usual amount of troglitazone in one day to make up for a missed dose. If you take more than the usual amount, call your doctor right away.

What happens if I overdose (Rezulin)?

Seek emergency medical attention.

Symptoms of a troglitazone overdose are not known but may include headache, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, and weakness.

What should I avoid while taking troglitazone (Rezulin)?

Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely. Changing any of these factors can effect your blood sugar levels.

Avoid alcohol. It lowers blood sugar and may interfere with your diabetes treatment.

Tell your doctor and dentist that you are taking this medication before you undergo any surgery.

Do not take any over-the-counter cough, cold, allergy, pain, or weight-loss medications without first talking to your doctor.

What other drugs will affect troglitazone (Rezulin)?

Before taking troglitazone, tell your doctor if you are taking

  • cholestyramine (Questran),
  • terfenadine (Seldane, Seldane-D), or
  • birth control pills.

You may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you are taking any of the medicines listed above.

Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with troglitazone or affect your condition. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines.

Where can I get more information?

Your pharmacist has additional information about troglitazone written for health professionals that you may read.

Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.

Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.

Copyright 1996-2009 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 7.06. Revision date: 2/22/07.

Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.


Side Effects Centers

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration


You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Women's Health

Find out what women really need.