"Feb. 25, 2013 (San Antonio, Texas) -- The asthma drug Xolair appears to be a safe and effective treatment for chronic hives, a new study shows.
The results of the study were presented at a news conference here at the American Academy"...
Rhinocort Aqua Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What are the possible side effects of budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What is the most important information I should know about budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- How should I use budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What happens if I overdose (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What should I avoid while using budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What other drugs will affect budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Rhinocort Aqua)?
Use the medication as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and wait until your next regularly scheduled dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Rhinocort Aqua)?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine.
An overdose of budesonide nasal is not expected to produce life-threatening symptoms. However, long-term use of high steroid doses can lead to symptoms such as thinning skin, easy bruising, changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your face, neck, back, and waist), increased acne or facial hair, menstrual problems, impotence, or loss of interest in sex.
What should I avoid while using budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes. If this does happen, rinse with water and call your doctor.
Budesonide nasal can lower the blood cells that help your body fight infections. Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Call your doctor for preventive treatment if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. These conditions can be serious or even fatal in people who are using budesonide nasal.
What other drugs will affect budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
Before using budesonide nasal, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- HIV /AIDS medicine such as nelfinavir (Viracept) or ritonavir (Norvir);
- an antibiotic such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (E.E.S., E-Mycin, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin), troleandomycin (Tao);
- an antifungal medication such as itraconazole (Sporanox) or ketoconazole (Nizoral);
- an "SSRI" antidepressant such as fluoxetine (Prozac), fluvoxamine (Luvox), or paroxetine (Paxil); or
- a tricyclic antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Etrafon), amoxapine (Ascendin), clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), doxepin (Sinequan), imipramine (Janimine, Tofranil), nortriptyline (Pamelor), protriptyline (Vivactil), or trimipramine (Surmontil).
This list is not complete and here may be other drugs that can interact with budesonide nasal. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about budesonide nasal.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 3.07. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Rhinocort Aqua Information
- Rhinocort Aqua Drug Interactions Center: budesonide nasl
- Rhinocort Aqua Side Effects Center
- Rhinocort Aqua Overview including Precautions
- Rhinocort Aqua FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Rhinocort Aqua - User Reviews
Rhinocort Aqua User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.