"Nov. 9, 2012 -- If you're allergic to the metals nickel or cobalt, you may want to consider that when you pick a mobile phone.
In a new study, researchers tested new and used mobile phones for nickel and cobalt. Some people are allerg"...
Rhinocort Aqua Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Rhinocort Aqua
Generic Name: budesonide nasal (Pronunciation: byoo DEH so nide)
- What is budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What are the possible side effects of budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What is the most important information I should know about budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- How should I use budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What happens if I overdose (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What should I avoid while using budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- What other drugs will affect budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
Budesonide is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Budesonide nasal is used to treat nasal symptoms such as congestion, sneezing, and runny nose caused by seasonal or year-round allergies. Budesonide is also used to keep nasal polyps from coming back after surgery to remove them.
Budesonide may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- severe or ongoing nose bleed;
- sores in the nose that won't heal;
- wheezing, trouble breathing;
- vision problems; or
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dry or sore throat, cough;
- irritation in your nose;
- pain, swelling, burning, itching, or irritation in your throat;
- sores or white patches inside or around your nose.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Rhinocort Aqua (budesonide) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about budesonide nasal (Rhinocort Aqua)?
Before using budesonide, tell your doctor if you have been sick or had an infection of any kind. Also tell your doctor if you have liver disease, glaucoma or cataracts, herpes simplex infection of your eyes, tuberculosis, sores or ulcers in your nose, or if you have recently had injury of or surgery on your nose.
It may take up to 2 weeks of using this medicine before your symptoms improve. For best results, keep using the medication as directed. Talk with your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after a week of treatment.
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects on your nose or sinuses, your doctor may want to check your progress on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled visits to your doctor.
Budesonide nasal can lower the blood cells that help your body fight infections. Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Call your doctor for preventive treatment if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. These conditions can be serious or even fatal in people who are using budesonide nasal.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes. If this does happen, rinse with water and call your doctor.
Steroid medicines can affect growth in children. Talk with your doctor if you think your child is not growing at a normal rate while using budesonide nasal.
Additional Rhinocort Aqua Information
Rhinocort Aqua - User Reviews
Rhinocort Aqua User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.