Rhinoplasty, Septorhinoplasty & Repair Of Nasal Fractures
- These procedures are done to change, correct, or repair the nose.
- A thorough discussion of anticipated results and possible surgical limitations is an essential part of pre-surgical planning.
- Surgery is usually done in an outpatient surgicenter facility under anesthesia.
- Assistance is required for the first day after surgery.
- Several office visits for nose care and optimal results will be necessary following surgery.
What is rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a facial cosmetic procedure, usually performed to enhance the appearance or reconstruct the nose. During rhinoplasty, the nasal cartilages and bones are modified, or tissue is added, to improve the visual appeal of the nose. Rhinoplasty is also frequently performed to repair nasal fractures. When rhinoplasty is used to repair nasal fractures, the goal is to restore pre-injury appearance of the nose. Septorhinoplasty is a related procedure performed for patients who also have nasal obstruction. Septorhinoplasty not only improves the appearance of the nose, but it removes any internal obstructions and stabilizes structures that may be blocking nasal breathing.
Viewers share their comments
Find out what women really need.