- What other names is Rhubarb known by?
- What is Rhubarb?
- How does Rhubarb work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Rhubarb.
Possibly Effective for...
- Cold sores, in combination with sage (Salvia officinalis).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Indigestion, stomach inflammation, hemorrhoids, constipation, diarrhea, or bleeding from the stomach and colon (bowels), and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Rhubarb work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.