Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- What other names is Riboflavin (vitamin B2) known by?
- What is Riboflavin (vitamin B2)?
- How does Riboflavin (vitamin B2) work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Riboflavin (vitamin B2).
- Treating and preventing riboflavin deficiency and conditions related to riboflavin deficiency.
Possibly Effective for...
- Preventing migraine headaches.
- Preventing cataracts, an eye disorder.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Treating migraine headaches.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Acne, muscle cramps, boosting the immune system, aging, maintaining healthy skin and hair, canker sores, memory loss including Alzheimer's disease, lactic acidosis (a serious blood-acid imbalance) in people with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), preventing cervical cancer, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get breaking medical news.