In this Article
- What other names is Rice Bran known by?
- What is Rice Bran?
- How does Rice Bran work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Rice Bran.
Rice bran is possibly safe for most people when added to baths. Use of rice bran broth baths can cause itching and skin redness. Rarely, people have experienced rash and itching from rice bran infested with a pest called the straw itch mite.
Do not take rice bran as medicine if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a digestive tract problem such as intestinal ulcers, adhesions, conditions that cause narrowing or blockage of the digestive tract, difficulty swallowing, slow digestion, or other stomach or intestinal conditions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.