In this Article
- What other names is Rice Bran known by?
- What is Rice Bran?
- How does Rice Bran work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Rice Bran.
Medications taken by mouth (Oral drugs)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Rice bran contains a large amount of fiber. Fiber can decrease how much medicine the body absorbs. Taking rice bran along with medicine you take by mouth can decrease the effectiveness of your medication. To prevent this interaction take rice bran at least one hour after medications you take by mouth.
- For lowering high cholesterol: 12-84 grams rice bran per day or 4.8 grams rice bran oil per day.
- For reducing the risk of kidney stones: 10 grams rice bran twice daily for 3 to 5 years.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.