- What other names is Rice Bran known by?
- What is Rice Bran?
- How does Rice Bran work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Rice Bran.
Possibly Effective for...
- High cholesterol.
- Preventing kidney stones in people with high levels of calcium.
- Allergic skin rash (atopic dermatitis).
- Preventing stomach cancer.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Preventing cancer of the colon (bowels) or rectum.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Diabetes, high blood pressure, alcoholism, weight loss, AIDS, strengthening the immune system, increasing energy, enhancing athletic performance, improving liver function, preventing heart and blood vessel disease.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Rice Bran work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.