In this Article
- What is ricin?
- Where is ricin found, and how is it used?
- How are people exposed to ricin?
- How does ricin work?
- What are the signs and symptoms of ricin exposure?
- How do authorities confirm cases of suspected ricin poisonning?
- What is the treatment for ricin poisoning?
- How can people protect themselves? What should someone do if they are exposed to ricin?
- For more information
- Find a local Doctor in your town
How you can get more information about ricin
You can contact one of the following:
Regional poison control center: 1-800-222-1222
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Public Response Hotline (CDC)
- 888-232-6348 (TTY)
- E-mail inquiries: email@example.com
SOURCE: CDC.gov. Facts About Ricin.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/9/2013
Find out what women really need.