"In the summer of 2014, social media was taken by storm with videos of people pouring ice water on themselves for the Ice Bucket Challenge. The worldwide phenomenon raised awarenessâ€”and millions of research dollarsâ€”for a fatal disease called AL"...
Rilutek Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is riluzole (Rilutek)?
- What are the possible side effects of riluzole (Rilutek)?
- What is the most important information I should know about riluzole (Rilutek)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking riluzole (Rilutek)?
- How should I take riluzole (Rilutek)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Rilutek)?
- What happens if I overdose (Rilutek)?
- What should I avoid while taking riluzole (Rilutek)?
- What other drugs will affect riluzole (Rilutek)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking riluzole (Rilutek)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to it.
If you have liver or kidney disease, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely use this medication:
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether riluzole will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether riluzole passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take riluzole (Rilutek)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take this medicine with a full glass of water.
Take riluzole on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
Riluzole is usually taken twice a day, every 12 hours. Follow your doctor's instructions. It is important to take your medicine at the same times each day.
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your liver function will need to be checked with blood tests every month during the first 3 months of treatment, and less often as treatment continues. Visit your doctor regularly.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and bright light.
Additional Rilutek Information
- Rilutek Drug Interactions Center: riluzole oral
- Rilutek Side Effects Center
- Rilutek Overview including Precautions
- Rilutek FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Rilutek - User Reviews
Rilutek User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get breaking medical news.