"For what conditions are pain medications used?
Virtually any disease as well as most injuries and surgical procedures involve some degree of pain. It's not surprising, then, that pain medications, also known as analgesics, are among t"...
Robaxin Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is methocarbamol (Robaxin)?
- What are the possible side effects of methocarbamol (Robaxin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about methocarbamol (Robaxin)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking methocarbamol (Robaxin)?
- How should I take methocarbamol (Robaxin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Robaxin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Robaxin)?
- What should I avoid while taking methocarbamol (Robaxin)?
- What other drugs will affect methocarbamol (Robaxin)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking methocarbamol (Robaxin)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to methocarbamol.
Before using methocarbamol, tell your doctor if you have myasthenia gravis.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether methocarbamol will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether methocarbamol passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take methocarbamol (Robaxin)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
You may need to reduce your methocarbamol dose after the first 2 or 3 days of treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions regarding the number of tablets you take each day.
This medication can cause unusual results with certain medical tests. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using methocarbamol.
Methocarbamol is only part of a complete program of treatment that may also include rest, physical therapy, or other pain relief measures. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Robaxin Information
Robaxin - User Reviews
Robaxin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.