June 30, 2016
Table of Contents
- Rosacea facts
- What is rosacea? Is rosacea contagious? What does rosacea look like?
- Is rosacea like acne?
- What are causes and risk factors of rosacea?
- What are rosacea symptoms and signs?
- What tests do health-care professionals use to diagnose rosacea?
- How does rosacea affect the nose and the eyes?
- What about using acne medicine for rosacea?
- Does rosacea get worse with age?
- What types of doctors treat rosacea?
- What is the treatment for rosacea?
- What types of medications treat rosacea?
- What types of medications treat rosacea? (Part 2)
- What are other treatments for rosacea?
- What are rosacea triggers? Is there a rosacea diet? What foods are good for rosacea?
- What natural treatments or home remedies can help rosacea?
- What is the prognosis for rosacea?
- How should people with rosacea care for their facial skin?
- How are the telangiectasias (the red lines) treated?
- How is rhinophyma (the W.C. Fields nose) treated?
- What effect may rosacea have on a person's life?
- Where can people get more information about rosacea?
- Rosacea is a common, chronic, incurable, adult acne-like skin condition that is easily controllable and medically manageable.
- Rosacea commonly affects the central third of the face, especially the nose, and has periodic ups and downs (flares and remissions).
- Rosacea symptoms and signs include
- redness of the face (easy facial blushing or flushing),
- tiny red pimples and fine red lines (telangiectasias) on the facial skin,
- rhinophyma (an enlarged, bulbous red nose, like W.C. Fields), and
- eye problems, such as swollen, red eyelids, conjunctivitis, and rosacea keratitis.
- Rosacea may be mistaken for rosy cheeks, sunburn, or quite often, acne.
- Rosacea triggers include alcohol, hot or spicy foods, emotional stress, and heat.
- Rosacea can be a very bothersome and embarrassing condition.
- Untreated rosacea tends to worsen over time.
- Prompt recognition and proper treatment permit people with rosacea to enjoy life. Continue Reading
1/18Reviewed on 5/2/2016